The West Highland Way
The West Highland Way stretches 96 miles (154 Km) from Milngavie to Fort William, taking in a huge variety of scenery along the way, from countryside parks to loch-shores and open moorlands to steep mountains.
Normally the route is completed from south to north, the thinking behind this being the southern stages are easier and will prepare you for the more demanding northern stages.
- Milngavie to Drymen: 12 miles/19 km
- Drymen to Rowardennan: 14 miles/22.5 km
- Rowardennan to Inverarnan: 14 miles/22.5 km
- Inverarnan to Tyndrum: 12 miles/19.5 km
- Tyndrum to Inveroran: 9 miles/14.5 km
- Inveroran to Kingshouse : 10 miles/16 km
- Kingshouse to Kinlochleven: 9 miles/ 14.5 km
- Kinlochleven to Fort William: 16 miles/24 km
Due to the variety of distances involved, these sections should not necessarily be considered as a days activity. Planning of stage lengths should be based upon ability and fitness and the opportunities available to explore places of interest along the route. The West Highland Way website has a great itineraries section for ideas on how to split up the route.
You might also like
Book Direct for Summer 2018 and Receive a £10 Meal Voucher!* *Valid on reservations for Hotel Rooms only. Excludes Budget Room. Applies to reservations arriving from 1st May 2018 to 30th September
Scottish gins have a great reputation. Over 70% of gin consumed in the UK is produced in Scotland, including two of the global bestsellers – Tanqueray and Gordon’s. But for the craft scene, the ga
New for 2018
All of our bedrooms have been refurbished for 2018. New beds, carpets and windows. We hope you enjoy your stay!